Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mia Part 3 The End or Just the Beginning

For the first few days it all seemed more like a dream nothing seemed real. But it has started to sink in. And we are as much as you can (which isn't much) getting into a routine. Its differently different with two and a whole lot busier. I can hardly keep the bottles washed, the clothes clean, and myself awake. But such is the life of a new mom.

The whole week after I was dying to know how Angel was doing, but wasn't sure if I should call. Finally after talking to another adoptive mom I called. And I was glad I did. She was fine. She told me her sister told her, she was our surrogate, and Angel agreed with her. It really has been how she has view this whole journey. 'I just carried her for you but she is your baby.' She made us pick out the name. I say made because it wasn't an easy process. What an incredible attitude. I am still in awe, of the strength of this young woman.

This experience has been so different in every aspect then our experience with Melissa. It has been so sweet. It was really fun to know Angel during her pregnancy and of course being there for the birth. I often would joke that we know how to handle drama but we didn't know how to handle the lack of drama. It was amazing to see how peaceful and uneventful the whole process was. I believe that it was due to a lot of prayers in our behave and in behave of Angel. Thank you for the prayers.

On Saturday we were able to be on a panel, with Angel, for an adoption conference where they were training the saints that work with birth parents. It was really fun to be able to share our story.

Mia is a sweet baby and is really good. Melissa loves being a big sister. I love to hear when Melissa begs to talk on the phone and the first thing she says is 'I have a baby sister. Her Mia.'

Well I guess that's the whole story; the beginning, the middle and the start of the never ending story which we call parenting.

1 comment:

ABranch said...

I love reading your posts. I always get chills (and sometimes tears). Keep them coming.