Friday, January 15, 2010

My 2010 Story

New Years Resolutions or The Story that I will write in 2010. My friend posted this awesome post, about looking forward to 2010. She posted this link. These two people said it much better than I can. But the basic premise is if you make your 'goals' your story it becomes part of you and you are more likely to succeed. My story starts as follows:

In 2010 my baby will turn one, and will learn to roll over, sit up on her own, crawl, eat solid food, walk and get into everyting . My oldest will sing in the sacrament program, she WILL learn to go on the potty (even if it kills her mother), possible start preschool and grow in ways I can only begin to imagine. All this freaks me out a bit. But it is part of my story and so this year I will remember to slow down and enjoy my baby being a baby. And though she tries my patients to no end some days and some days I want to lose it, I will slow down and enjoy my daughter being three. I will enjoy the small and simple things. I will cherish the time I have with them as I watch them learn and grow.

In 2010 I will do all of that but at the same time find a way to get dishes, laundry, etc done and still have time for myself. I will re-read the book of mormon and grow spiritually. I will exercise with friends. I will cherish old friendships and cultivate new ones.

In 2010 I will have been married to my best friend for 10 years. I WILL spend one night (hopefully two) alone with him. We will reconnect as friends, and spouses.

2010 will been an eventful year for us. And I'm excited to see what else the year has in store for us. I can't wait for the adventure.

How does your 2010 story begin?

2 comments:

ABranch said...

This is such a neat idea. I loved reading the preview to you 2010 story.

10 years.... WOW!

Ern said...

I know, 10 years! Crazy how long we've known each other. :)

It sounds like you have many wonderful things in store this year.