Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Journey with the Journeys

We were so excited to have Bryce Laura, and Luke come visit us for a few days.  The first day we did the down-town stuff.  Temple square, the Conference Center, ate lunch at the Lion House, and Let the kids play at the Church History museum.  It was a long exhausting day, but we saw a lot.  The next day we went up to Park City and played at the Olympic park, where we rode some zip lines, an alpine slide and I somehow convinced Bryce and Laura to ride the bob-sled with me.  I loved what Laura said about it "Nothing anyone can tell you will prepare you for riding down an Olympic bobsled track for the first time. Dang, that was crazy!".   It was quite the experience.  We went 71 mph and experienced 3-4 G forces.  I thought it was awesome.  But glad it didn't last much longer than it did.  The next day we went up to This is the Place park.  The kids got to ride ponies.  Which Mia couldn't wait to do, then got scared and wanted nothing to do with the horses, and then wanted to ride them some more.  Such is life sometimes.  We also saw my ancestors house.  That afternoon we were going to go to the Museum at Thanksgiving point but opted for an afternoon of games.  Which I'm glad we did.  It was so fun to see Bryce and Laura again and to get to know Luke.  It was fun to have our old game nights back.  I even won two games against Bryce.  That's saying something!  Oh and how could I forget we watched Birdemic.  The funniest bad movie I think I've ever seen.  It was fun to have them here and sad to see them go.  But I also know that we will be friends for a long time so it wasn't really good-bye.




No comments: