Okay people the election is over. But I do have an honest question that I
would love some intelligent meaningful discussion about. For the purpose of this question we will
assume for the moment that universal health care is a good thing. By universal health care I mean access to
health insurance that one would pay for, that is affordable, and not
tied to your job. (I know that this
assumption can and is debated and that many people do not think that universal
health care is a good thing but that is not the question being asked so we are
assuming that it is, in fact, a good thing).
Universal health care has been talked about for many years and the BIG
fear was universal health care that was run by the government. Government run health care would be a bad
thing. My understanding of ‘Obama care’
is that it provides universal health care without it being run by the
government. Health insurance would still
be provided by the private sector. And
you would still have to pay for it; the only people getting free health
insurance would be the same people who qualify for free health insurance
now. So if it is providing universal
health care (a good thing) without government run health care (a bad thing) why
is it so bad? What is the big fear about
Obama care?
Now I understand
people dislike of the universal mandate (that everyone must have health
insurance or pay a fine) I understand why that would make a lot of people
upset, that much I get. Is that it? Is that the only reason everyone hates this
bill so much? Or is there something more
that I don’t understand?
Please leave your comment I promise to keep an open mind, I
really honestly am curious and want to understand. But if you do please follow these simple
rules.
- No rhetoric. For example do not say the obama care is so long and complicated that only a lawyer could read it. OF COURSE YOU NEED A LAWYER TO INTRPRET A LAW THAT IS WHAT LAWYERS DO THAT’S WHY THEY ARE CALLED LAW-YERS. Who do you think writes laws anyway, not congressmen they don’t even read them, lawyers write laws. Also do not tell me it’s a government take over. This provides me with no useful information to base an informed opinion. Why is it a government take over? How is it if health insurance is staying in the private sector?
- No name calling
- Check your facts.
4 comments:
I am commenting because I read your post. But I don't think OBAMAcare! is bad... so I cant fill in an answer to your question but I want to be open minded too and await a response...........
At this time health care workers don't know for sure what Obama care is going to mandate. However what is currently happening is the goverment is making it harder for hospitals to get remibursed by Medicare. They are changed the criteria for inpatient billing. Basicaly you have to be sicker to warant being admit to the hospital and should be discharge earlier. If not medicare will not pay. Hospital are already having problems getting reimbursed from Medicare. Some hospital are threatening they will have to close if this continues.
The worry and rumors that I have heard is that Obama care is going to force all health insurance companies to do the same thing inorder to be competative with Medicare. This is already starting to happen. If these health insurance companies can not compete with Medicare then they will eventually go out of business and the only thing left will be Medicare (or goverment health care). At the same time privately own hosptials will also suffer and some will problably close also.
Keep in mind what I said at the first we (health care providers) don't know what the finale outline will be for Obama care. Unitl we know what Obama care is going to mandate I don't know if I approve or not. However something has to changed in the Health Care Industry or the system will fail and bankcrupt the country with it! I will not get on my soap box about how I think we need to fix the health care system since that is long.
Lisa J
Lisa thanks for leaveing a comment. And I would love to hear about your soap box.
Angie thanks to you too.
Post a Comment