Monday, September 14, 2009

A Fun Weekend

We went camping this weekend with a big group of friends. It turned out to be a lot of fun. We almost turned around and didn't go twice because of the weather. We did get rained on but not till after we went to bed and it stopped by morning, so I didn't mind. So far I think it might have been my favorite camping spot in NE.

The last time we went camping was horrible. In a nutshell, we sent Kent home to pick up a griddle that we had all along and he got stuck in traffic, we camped 5 feet from a rail road track that ran all night, it poured on us and we didn't put anything away so everything got wet, and after all the effort to find the griddle for breakfast we ended up going home for food because it was still a down pour. I guess the silver lining was Melissa and I had fun swimming in the lake. This weekend was much better and is was good to have a positive experience to possibly end the camping season on. Now if only I good get the wet tent dry and put away.

1 comment:

ABranch said...

I just love camping in the rain! Well, as your post points out, at least when its not too rainy! LOL! Glad you had a great weekend. Perhaps that is a place the B-tits can visit when they come into town!?