Monday, September 7, 2009

Zoo Pictures

We love the Omaha Henry Dorley Zoo. Its awesome and world class. We have a membership and go all the time. More so in the spring, fall, and winter when the crowds are smaller. Since we go all the time usually only for an hour or two I almost never have a camera. When my mom came out to visit us a few weeks ago we took her to show of the zoo. Since we had a guest I took my camera along. We also spent a lot more time at the zoo than we would normally, and here are some of the pix.


Melissa pointing out a butterfly in the butterfly house.


Mom and Melissa walking across the rope bridge.

Jelly fish. Not a bad photo of them.


Mom, Kent and Melissa in the shark tunnel. One of Melissa favorites.


The polar bear out swimming.


One of my favorite exhibits that I discovered lately is the bungee exhibit where you can feed the birds. I love this shot with mom in the background that the look on Melissa face.

We loved having Mom out for a visit, wish it was longer. It was fun to be the visitees instead of the the visitors.

1 comment:

ABranch said...

That is a neat zoo! I can not complain about any zoo with a shark tank!
Melissa's face is really cute in the bird photo. She is loving it! Do you have that girl ID'ing the birds yet? Casi at that age (since I was learning them too) could recite all the bird groups in latin. A useful talent at parties but not much else. LOL!