After my last post I thought maybe I should say something nice about the midwest winter. If only I could find one. J/K My mom grew up in the Midwest. She even went to high school in Omaha. I remember her telling us stories about ice storms when I was growing up. She told us how it would rain but as soon as the water touch ANYTHING it immediately froze and became ice. She told us how there would be icicles on everything, and how dangerous it was, how it would often cause power outages, how they would always close school and shut everything down during and an ice storm. But then I would say wow icicles on EVERYTHING, I bet that was really pretty. And she would say yes it was. I was always fascinated by her stories, and wished I could see an 'ice-storm', the way you want to see a tornado, or an avalanche.Soon after moving here we experienced our first ice storm. It was a small one as ice-storms go, but it was just like my mom told me
when I was a kid. Rain that turned to ice as soon as it touched anything. It was really dangerous, and you did not want to drive in it, or after it. They closed schools and everything that could shut down did. It caused power outages, and it was kind of scary. And there were icicles on everything, it was really pretty.
2 comments:
Wow! That is really cool, and scary, and pretty!
I've always wanted to see an ice storm too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)
Post a Comment