Our Christmas Trip in Summary:
- Melissa got to fly on a airplane for her 3rd birthday.
- Living up to my fears we got stuck in Denver, and flew to Vernal UT. Apparently there IS an airport there.
- Most of Kent's family were surprised to see us which was way fun.
- We were going non-stop from early to way late, and felt pulled in 20 directions. But despite that we managed to spend some quality time with almost everyone that we wanted/needed to.
- I finished my first pieced quilt. It took a ton of time and stayed up till 1 am to finish it and then forgot to take a picture of it.
- I ate at Leatherbys, Bombay, and Cafe Rio
- Had many wonderful visits with close friends.
- Got to go birding. For a full report click here.
- Attended my sisters baby blessings. Which was awesome. She made a baby blessing dress out of her wedding dress. It totally looked like a miniature version of her dress it was really pretty.
- Took my daughter and nephew sledding. I had as much fun as they did, we also build a snowman.
- Attended my brothers wedding. Which was incredible. The ceremony was moving and the reception was so much fun.
- I wasn't ready to come home. It didn't help that the day we came back the high temp was 0, and they were predicting overnight lows in the -20s (air temp). I usually look forward to returning to Omaha but not this time. Maybe it was because we left so soon after the wedding, or maybe because there was so much going on with both of our families, I don't know. Whatever the reason for the first time since moving to Nebraska I felt the sting of leaving family. I miss them and I've got homesick before but this was different. It was a wonderful trip back and I'm very glad we went.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great vacation! I like to leave a place with the feeling of wanting more. It makes me want to come back and has the added benefit of letting you keep all good memories with no bad. :)
It can be so hard visiting back home, trying to cram in time with everyone. I know what you mean about being pulled in all different directions. But it sounds like you guys balanced it well!
Post a Comment