Since my last post I thought I need to put a positive spin on leaving Omaha. So here is my list of things I'm looking forward to in Utah. (and maybe a few things I wont miss about Omaha).
1. Being with Kent again
2. A summer of grandparents. My kids still know who grandma and grandpa are and have a relationship with them, but it will be fun for them to get to know each other better.
3. Family and Friends
4. Walks to the park
5. Having a fenced in yard
6. Antelope Island, and the Great Salt Lake (and hopefully some new birds). I'm also looking forward to seeing old friends again, like the magpies, and avocets, and blue, jays that aren't Blue Jays.
7. Mountains. Picnics, camping, summer wildflowers, hiking and having a place to go where its not hot outside when its hot outside.
8. I am looking forward to discovering where the next phase of our life will take us. Will we be in Utah? SLC? Back to Nebraska perhaps? Someplace new?
9. My anniversary. (well I guess that was going to happen no matter where we lived but I'm still looking forward to it so I'm putting it down cuz its my list)
10. Things I will NOT miss about Omaha: Winter (I was going to list stuff like snow pack roads, negative temperatures, no skiing but really I just wont miss anything about the winter). Summer. Okay really just the crazy humid hot days, but other parts of summer I like, when there is a pool around.
1 comment:
:) I like how the Omaha list went 10-1 and the Utah list went from 1 - 10. Did you do that on purpose? I hope to share in that list this summer...
Who knows where you will be next year!
Post a Comment