After some debate I went to one more wetland further away than I was planning on but it paid of with this.
Its really hard to see but that is a Hudsonian Godwit. One of the bird that I was hoping to find. See the upturned bill. The one just to the left is a Dowitcher. Notice the size different and different bill shape. However they mostly looked like this.
I was also rewarded with this fun guy.
Its really hard to see but that is a Hudsonian Godwit. One of the bird that I was hoping to find. See the upturned bill. The one just to the left is a Dowitcher. Notice the size different and different bill shape. However they mostly looked like this.
I was also rewarded with this fun guy.
No scope need here. This was taken just off the road with nothing but my 10X zoom. He is an Upland Sandpiper. Pretty common in NE although this was my first time seeing one in Nebraska.On the way home there was a thunderstorm building. I tried to get off the interstate to take a picture of the clouds, but by the time I could stop I couldn't see the clouds I was going to take a picture of. Instead I saw this.
HAPPY BIRDING.
1 comment:
I just loved sharing in your last birding adventure in NE and I am excited to start having them with you in UT!
Post a Comment