Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Mia

I've decided to start a new tradition (its was inspired by a very cute blog my friend posted on her son).  Every year on my kids birthday I'm going to write a letter/post/whatever to describe what they are doing, their personality etc.  Mia just turned one a few weeks ago so I its a good time to start.
   

Mia,

You are a delight to my life.  I like to call you my little tropical volcano.  You are sunshine and smiles all the time, but if you erupt watch out.  You once screamed for 20 min because you were playing with a shampoo bottle and I took it away from you.  Despite a temper, you have a very pleasant personality.  You are a sweet ray of sunshine every where you go.  In church the other day when you were out in the hall you cooed at every passing person insistently; until they acknowledge you and talked to you.  You love to climb on things and I have to constantly pull you off the fireplace.  You love to play with you big sister, who gets annoyed at you taking all of her toys.  You are fascinated with water.  If we tell you its time for a bath you perk up and say your own version of bath, "Baa" and make a b-line for the tub.  You also like to play in the bathroom, you can almost open the toilet seat so you can play in the toilet water.  Another challenge you present is keeping the bathroom doors closed. 

My favorite part about you at this stage is watching you learn to walk.  You are so broad and when you walk you waddle a little and its the cutest thing ever. Before I know it you will have given up crawling altogether.  You love to be chased, and you love 'pony rides' on sisters back.  You are going to be talkative just like your sister.  You can say versions of bath, bye-bye, grandpa, mommommom, dadada, bear, and bird.  I would like to teach you some animal sound.  You are a very accomplished growler.  You are almost to the fun baby tricks stage.  I'm so excited for the next year, and to continue to watch you grow and develop.  It will be fun to watch you and your sister play together.

I think when you grow up, you are going to be very sweet, and always thinking about others.  Someone who can make friends easy and make everyone feel at ease.  You will be the calming influence in our home, as you already are most times.  

I wish that I could put to words your personality, your cuteness, and all the things that I love about you.  But this is as close as I can get.  I love you and I'm so blessed to have such a sweet little girl in my life.  I thank God everyday for sending you to us.  For whatever reason you were meant to be our little girl.  I pray that one day I might know that reason and be able to live up to  it. 

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

ABranch said...

I love reading these posts (I have seen a few blogs that do it) but I can never write them. Weird. right?