Dear Melissa,
Four years ago today I held you in my arms for the first time. I will never forget that day, the anxiety, the adrenaline, the joy, and the tears. Words can not accurately describe the emotions of that day. I am still amazed by the fact that it has been 4 years. You continue to amaze me everyday. Here are a few things I want to remember about you the year you turned 4. You definitely have your fathers sense of humor, and you make me laugh all the time, even though sometime you get embarrassed when I think your funny. You are growing up everyday. I year a go you were a new big sister and I loved to watch to make your baby laugh and smile. It surprises me how much you have grown up and changed in the last year. You speak so clearly now. Gone are all the cute baby words you use to say. This year you started pre-school and while it was my idea to begin with I was surprised by how hesitate I was. I know you love to learn and you are so good at it. But I wanted to keep you close. I no longer have total control over what happens in your day and the thought is thrilling and frightening at the same time. You also had your first dance recital this year. You were so CUTE! I was so excited to see your first time dancing on stage. I loved every minute of it. I look forward to many more. I look forward to helping you figuring out what you are really interested in, and what your talents are. The way you play is growing and changing too. You love to color, and read books, and play with your new doll house. I can't begin to imagine all the things you will learn to do next year. I love you sweetie.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment