Monday, April 11, 2011

Awesome Weekend

Last Weekend:
It started on Friday with a day at the Zoo.  The weather was gorgeous.  We talked Grandma Kathy into coming with us.  It was fun to have her along and a lot easier for me with an extra set of eyes and hands.  The kids had a good time and it was fun but I miss the Zoo in Omaha. 

Saturday we went recreating with my Family.  My sister and her family came down from Wyoming, and we all went ATVing out on the West Desert.  It was fun to ride the ATVs and we did some Geo-caching.  This is where people hide stuff and other people look up where they hide it and using a GPS and a compass go and find it.  Some of them have little trinkets in them.  If you leave something then you can take something.  Well the 4 yr olds LOVED this idea.  Real life treasure hunting.  They had a blast.  And the babies were pretty good too.  Afterward before the storm hit, we did some target practice.  We all had a great time. 

After we got home and had some dinner my sister invited us over to the hotel they were staying at to go swimming.  It was crowded but we had a good time anyway.  And I let Melissa stay up way too late.  A mistake we paid for on Sunday afternoon.  But she was so cute in the pool. 

Sunday we played in the snow, and as everyone else in Utah marveled at the weather whip-lash from Friday when it was 70.  (You would think we would get use to it).  Then we tried not to fall asleep during conference (which I failed at) and then it was the day of the Dominion Championship tournament.  In other words we played Dominion all day. 

Monday I my sister and I went sking.  I really wanted to go one last time this season.  And since Big Cottonwood was closed we headed to Alta.  I haven't skied there in well over a decade.  It was a perfect day sking.  We loved it.  I even got a little sunburned. 

And then I went to work for 10 hours.  Okay well I attempted to go to work for 10 hours, but I was really tired.  I managed to stay for 8 but not sure I accomplished that much.  Yes I think I did go to work to recover from the weekend. 

1 comment:

ABranch said...

Wow! That is a lot to pack into one weekend. Sounds awesome! I am glad to see you enjoying some of what Utah has to offer (even if the zoo was a bit disappointing ;). I went to Orlando last weekend and strangely, I missed Utah and its snow (is this a sign of my age). After Orlando, I had a hard time letting myself be upset over the last set of storms.