Sunday, June 13, 2010

Omaha Bucket List

All the things we did in the last month before we left Omaha. (I'm too lazy to upload pictures, so I just posted links to my picture website).

April

Our playing began in April. First up was the BIG Slides. They were a BIG hit. We visited the BIG slides many more time in the following month, some of which included wax paper, air, and ripped pants. But the first trip is the only one that has pictures. We also went to the Omaha Children's Museum with some good friends, and one last trip Durham Museum. Next is the pedestrian footbridge, which crosses the Missouri river. We visited the footbridge again with Grandma Kate later in May. Next was Free Comic Book Day (which was actually in May), complete with people in customs and a trip to the donut store. Then it was on to Iowa to do a drive by of their "ski resort". And finally one last visit to Hitchcock Nature Center (HNC), a chance to say good bye to a great place and some great people. Beth volunteered at HNC every month for the last 3 years. I will miss you HNC!

MAY

First up in this section is a trip to Neale* Woods, to one of their Preschool programs. The program was AWESOME and Missa LOVED it. They played around and then took the kids on a hike. I've never seen Missa hike so good before. I guess it helps a lot of have friends with you. I wish we could go to more. The area was so pretty and I've only been there once or twice before. It made me wish we had one more summer there to finish exploring all of the trails. And since we were in the area, we stopped by the Winter Quarters temple and trail center. It was a fun day. That was on Kents last day of class. So the next week was the week of insanity.

For a more complete details click HERE. In summary we went out to Lincoln to the Childrens Museum. Then we went to The Amazing Pizza Machine with the Journeys. It was AWESOME! And last but not least one more last trip to the Zoo. As a special treat we met Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Kyle there.

*Side note: I was glad I gave Neale Woods a second chance. I had a REALLY bad experience there once and vowed NEVER to go back again. But that is another story.

MOVING

I was going to write about moving, but I just can't summon the energy to care. So I'll just say this, it was stressful, we have a lot of crap that didn't all fit in the truck, so we had a penske pulling a uhaul, but I managed because I have a great mom and a TOTALLY AWESOME WARD!!!!! Rockbrook rocks. On a holiday weekend with 3 families moving they totally came through for me. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!! Can't thank you enough.

1 comment:

Cottam Family said...

That really is funny to see a Penske pulling a Uhaul...hilarious.