I love how little minds work.
Yesterday Missa and I were on the floor, I was buying my time until nap-time. Missa decided to watch Mr. Krugers Christmas for her quiet time movie. She picked up the movie and launches into a story only some of which I hear/understood. But it was something about Jesus and getting big, which made sense considering the movie. She then repeated and embellished the story. Then she goes the end, now its time to pray. It took me a minute to figure out but she was playing family home evening, and she was giving the lesson. So the next time I paid more attention to the lesson. I wish I could repeat the story in her vernacular cause it was so cute but the gist of the story was: Jesus Christ, was way sad cuz Heavenly Father left in the car and Jesus had to stay in the house. But they live in Heaven.
I cracked up. I'm still laughing about it.
My nerdy scientific self has been analyzing the conversation ever since. Here's my conclusion. Heavenly Father and Jesus have been introduced and taught to Melissa as people. People in Melissa world, live in houses and drive cars. And like she does with other people she is introduced to she asks where they live. (Grandma lives in Utah, SoandSo lives by the church, soandso lives by Zachary's house etc). She has asked me "where Jesus at" meaning where does He live. I tell her He lives in Heaven. Since we never really talked about what Heaven is, Heaven was just another place. Now it makes sense. But is was so fun to see how her brain is connecting the two ideas. Anyway it was very cute.
2 comments:
very cute! I always love your "little stories"!
Can I tell you, though, how happy I am that there wasn't a "and thats how I know that babies still remember heaven", "babies minds are still going through the curtain, you know" or "there it is, concrete evidence that god drives a car" comment.
Maybe its just me but I have a hard time finding 'God-like' qualities in a two year old. LOL. Maybe three will be better.
Post a Comment